Since Apple handles all sales, cancellation and refunding need to be handled by Apple directly. In the following, we give step-by-step explanations on how to do this.
Cancelling a Subscription
- Open iTunes.
- Go to the “Store” section of your Library:
- Click the “Accounts” link on the right:
- On the next page, scroll down to “Settings” and click the “Manage” link next to “Subscriptions”:
- Select the Ulysses subscription.
- Click the “Cancel Subscription” button at the bottom:
- Open the Settings app:
- Tap “iTunes & App Store”:
- Tap on your Apple ID at the top:
- In the modal dialog, select “View Apple ID”:
- Enter your password or use Touch ID to authenticate.
- Tap “Subscriptions”:
- Select the Ulysses subscription:
- Tap “Cancel Subscription” at the bottom:
Refunding a Subscription
- Open iTunes.
- Click on “Account” › “View My Account…”:
- Type in your Apple ID and password.
- In the section “Purchase History”, click “See All”:
- Your subscription should show up in the “Latest Purchases” section at the top. If it does not, click on the arrow next to the purchase you would like to refund at the bottom.
- Click the “Report a Problem” button at the bottom:
- You will now see individual “Report a Problem” buttons at the top. Click the one next to your Ulysses subscription:
- A dedicated website opens from which you can request the refund. Select a problem area and enter a description below:
- Click Submit. Your request for refund will now be marked as “Pending”.
- Open the your invoice e-mail you received from Apple. Below to your subscription, you should find a button “Report a problem”:
- Log in on the website with your Apple ID and password:
- Tap the “Report” button next to the app:
- Tap “Choose Problem”, select your specific problem and type in the description below.
- Tap “Submit”. Your request for refund will now be marked as “Pending”.
You should hear back from Apple whether your refund has been accepted. If you should experience any problems with this procedure, please don’t hesitate to contact us via the feedback form.